Tuesday, June 13, 2006

grace

It has been quite a while since my last post. There a numerous reasons why I have been away from blogging. Less frequent trips to the coffee house, work, lack of internet at home, and most of engagement.
I never realized until recently the toll that the stress of engagement has had on me. I have been more whiney at work, more tired, at home and disenchanted with the realities of life.
I do not mean that I am not happy in my engagement. Nor does it mean that I do not feel blessed to have the job that I do. What I mean is that I have failed to have an accurate view of my current circumstances.
In a sinful reaction to the unnoticed stress I have created a facade. I have been telling myself I deserve Kristin, I deserve a great community, I deserve to be the next manager at the 'Starbucks Dowtown Marriott'.
I have failed to realize that I have what I have, not because I deserve it, but because of Grace. And I feel ashamed to have forgotten it at all.

It was God's grace that chose godless men like Noah and Abraham and gave them righteousness. It was Grace that used these men to change the world. It was Grace that built a nation to teach God's law. It was Grace that gave Solomon all of his splendor. It was Grace that birthed the emmaculate child. And it was Grace that opened the tomb. It was Grace that stoned Stephen. It was Grace that blinded Saul on the road to Damascus. And it is because of Grace that we will eat of the Tree of Life.
Grace. Grace. Grace. That is what has put me here. That has given me a wife. That has given me a purpose.
And I pray that you too will remember Grace, because with out we all are a bunch of people doomed to live a life not that special.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's so easy to become convinced of those kind of lies about entitlement. I think we are all guilty of that on a daily basis.

By the way, what did you think about the Seth Woods song?