Wednesday, August 10, 2005

opening day

As I mentioned before, I am working at the Indianapolis State Fair for the next 5 days. Today was opening day and my right, pointer finger hurts. Why? you ask. Because I stood over a deep fryer holding tongs cooking, (are you ready for this?), deep-fried oreos, peenutbutter cups, and candy-bars. For 14 hours.
On one finger I have two blisters and the first joint is swollen from the resistance of the tongs. But the 14 hour days, blisters, and swelling are worth the $100+ a day that I will be making, plus the fact that I do not have any expenses down here at all.
There are no funny stories yet. And there may not be, because I will not be here for 20 days like last year. Then, it wasn't until about day 10 that I started to be a little, well, rude to some of the stupid questions.

One thought I would like to know, and this is something that I really want feedback on; What does it mean to guard one's heart?

No comments: